I feel much the same way as Olivia Munn does about my new Apple TV (new black version). Most people I know seem surprised it took me as long as it did to get one. The best things about it are as follows:
1. Airplay for music: Being able to seamlessly stream (streamlessly?) music to my TV from my iPhone is awesome. I can’t wait to go and grab some Airplay speakers at some point soon
2. Trailers: It imports new trailers from iTunes trailers site, and I love just sitting on my couch flicking through new theatrical trailers. Great time waster.
3. Airplay with apps: I use the ABC iView app a LOT on my iPad, which is great, and it’s awesome tobe able to Airplay something straight to the TV set. The quality is not that bad either (although it’s not that great)
4. iPad as a remote: the iPad is a great remote for the Apple TV. It’s size just makes it easier to use than my iPhone
And the things that annoy me:
1. The shared network feature doesn’t work quite as well as it should. Sometimes I can’t access my iTunes library on my MacBook for no readily observable reason.
2. Content: at the moment, there’s not as much as someone like me would like. I mean, I will never run out of things I’m willing to watch, but there is stuff that I want to watch that’s just not there. This is changing though.
3. Desktop networking: I can’t understand why I can’t use the Apple TV as a wireless display for my MacBook. It’d be amazing with presentations – wirelessly share whatever’s on your computer with your TV screen